Thank you to our 2018 participants! Port Townsend has met the maximum for this year.
2019 Main Street Tax Incentive Program
The Port Townsend Main Street Program is pleased to offer the opportunity to put your state B&O tax dollars to work here Port Townsend through the work of our program. 75% of your donation is returned to you via B&O tax credits in 2020. In addition, your entire contribution may qualify as a 501(c)(3) charitable deduction on your 2019 federal income tax return. We hope that you will consider this unique opportunity.
IMPORTANT: EACH YEAR, BUSINESSES MUST SIGN UP AGAIN TO PARTICIPATE IN THE TAX INCENTIVE PROGRAM.
PLEASE FOLLOW THESE EASY STEPS IN THIS SEQUENCE:
Washington State Dept. of Revenue “Main Street Tax Credit”
- Go to dor.wa.gov/find-taxes-rates/tax-incentives/credits#Main
- Click “File Electronically” which goes to secure.dor.wa.gov/home for your login user ID and password
- Hit GET STARTED
- Select EXCISE TAX BOX
- Select CREDIT tab
- Click on add Main Street Application
- Select Port Townsend Main Street Program
- Enter your pledge amount
- Hit the “next” tab
- Fill in the authorization field
- And Finally hit SUBMIT — Thank you!
More Resource Links:
A business that successfully requests credit through the DOR website must make their contribution to the designated community by November 15 of that same year.
Part of your contribution also qualifies as a 501c3 charitable deduction on your 2019 federal tax return, and the entire amount may be tax deductible—check with your accountant.
- If you have questions, contact Department of Revenue; Linda Tran at (360) 902-7144 Email: LindaT@dor.wa.gov or Dan Murray at (360) 962-7006.
- For questions about the application, call the Taxpayer Account Administration division at (360) 902-7175.
If you need further information, please call our Local Main Street Tax Credit Incentive Expert: