2018 Main Street Tax Incentive Program
The Port Townsend Main Street Program is pleased to offer the opportunity to put your state B&O tax dollars to work here Port Townsend through the work of our program.
In 2005, the Port Townsend Main Street Program (PTMS) worked with other revitalization programs across the state to introduce and help pass legislation creating a state B&O Tax Credit Incentive Program for businesses investing in local downtown revitalization programs like ours.
Put Your State B&O Taxes To Work Here In Port Townsend Through The 2018 Main Street Tax Incentive Program. 75% of your donation is returned to you via B&O tax credits in 2019. In addition, your entire contribution may qualify as a 501(c)(3) charitable deduction on your 2018 federal income tax return.
The Port Townsend Main Street Program invites you to put your state B&O tax dollars to work here in our community and simultaneously benefit your business. We hope that you will consider this unique opportunity. Applications will be accepted beginning on the second Monday of January each year. A business that successfully requests credit through the DOR website must make their contribution to the designated community by November 15 of that same year.
PLEASE FOLLOW THESE EASY STEPS IN THIS SEQUENCE:
- Sign into your e-file account at http://dor.wa.gov
- Click Credits & Tax Incentives in the left column.
- Click Apply for Main Street Tax Credit
- Click Get Started
- Scroll the list and select Port Townsend Main Street Program and click next.
- Enter the full amount of your contribution and click next.
- Review the summary page and click Submit
- You will receive a thank you notice. Print your receipt.
- You will receive a confirmation of your registration from the Department of Revenue within 45 days.
- Write a check in the amount of your contribution to The Port Townsend Main Street Program. All checks must be received no later than November 15, 2018 in order for the contributor to realize the tax credit in the subsequent calendar year.
Part of your contribution also qualifies as a 501c3 charitable deduction on your 2018 federal tax return, and the entire amount may be tax deductible—check with your accountant.
- If you have questions, contact Department of Revenue; Linda Tran at (360) 902-7144 Email: LindaT@dor.wa.gov or Dan Murray at (360) 962-7006.
- For questions about the application, call the Taxpayer Account Administration division at (360) 902-7175.
If you need further information, please call our Local Main Street Tax Credit Incentive Expert:
- Tina Flores-McCleese/Clarity Enterprises at (360)385-9963 or email: email@example.com
Or call the Port Townsend Main Street Program at (360)385-7911, email firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you to our 2017 participants!
The City of Port Townsend
The Bishop Victorian and Swan Hotel
Homer Smith Insurance
Lively Olive Tasting Bar
First Federal Savings & Loan Assoc.
Mount Baker Block Building
Olympic Art & Office
Quimper Mercantile Co.
Sirens, Alchemy Bistro & Wine Bar, and The Old Whiskey Mill
The Wine Seller