“Art Wave” Student Art in the Stores in Uptown/Downtown
Port Townsend in May
For the month of May, Historic Districts’ merchants are showcasing student artwork for “Art Wave!” The artwork is created in the Port Townsend School District in grades K-12. The annual art exhibit is on display at 35 businesses in Uptown and Downtown with over 400 pieces of art installed as part of this promotion.
The “Art Wave” exhibit celebrates children’s creative expression through art and is a collaboration with participating Port Townsend businesses. The funds raised will help support diverse offerings by PT Artscape including the Teaching Artists Programs in Grant Street Elementary, Blue Heron Middle School, and Port Townsend High School, and professional development for teaching artists and classroom teachers. PT Artscape also supports Centrum’s Tales, Texts and Theater Program for the sixth grade, as well as special projects and materials.
Once again this year, PT Artscape Donation Jar will be in select stores; all proceeds from the jars will go directly to art education programs in the Port Townsend School District.
PT Artscape is in its sixteenth year of providing visual and dramatic arts in the Port Townsend Public Schools, grades K-12. Consortium programs integrate the arts into the regular classrooms, help teachers enhance their curriculum through the arts, expand student access to and experience with the arts, and provide instruction and mentoring to artists who wish to teach their art. Over the years, program offerings have evolved with the changing and increasing interest and engagement of teachers. The Port Townsend School District is the lead agency for the Consortium activities which are funded through a grant from the Washington State Arts Commission.
–Thank you merchants and please donate!
( * = Donation Jar Location)
- 1012 Coffee, 1012 Lawrence St.
- Abracadabra, 936 Water St.
- Aldrich’s Grocery, 940 Lawrence St.
- Bubble & Squeak Home, 926 Water St.
- City of Port Townsend, 250 Madison St.
- * Clothes Horse, 910 Water St.
- * Coldwell Banker Best Homes, 234 Taylor St.
- * Conservatory Coastal Home, 639 Water St.
- Earthenworks Gallery, 702 Water St.
- Elevated Ice Cream Co., 627 Water St.
- * Frameworks, 211 Taylor St. – B5
- Home Staging by Patti, 835 Water St.
- Jefferson Museum, 540 Water St.
- Lehani’s, 221 Taylor St.
- Lively Olive, 929 Water St.
- * Mad Hatter & Company, 926 Water St.
- Maestrale, 821 Water St.
- Northwind Arts Center, 701 Water St.
- Olympic Art & Office, 220 Taylor St.
- Phoenix Rising, 696 Water St.
- Pippa’s Real Tea, 636 Water St.
- Post Office, 1322 Washington St.
- Potpouri NW, 1004 Lawrence St.
- * PT Shirt Co., 940 Water St.
- Rutz Building, 1044 Lawrence St.
- Salon Deluca, 1024 Lawrence St.
- * Seams To Last, 940 Water St.
- * Shirvan Rug Gallery, 913 Water St.
- * Studio STL, 909 Water St.
- * Summer House Design, 917 Water St.
- Tickled Pink, 825 Water St.
- The Printery, 631 Tyler St.
- * Wandering Angus: Celtic Traders, 914 Water St.
- * Whistle Stop Toys, 1005 Water St.
- * Writers Workshoppe & Imprint Books, 820 Water St.
Email email@example.com for more details.