Main Street ART WAVE
May 1 - May 31
“Art Wave” Student Art in the Stores in Uptown/Downtown
For the month of May, Historic Districts’ merchants are showcasing student artwork, created in the Port Townsend Schools, for “Art Wave!” Over 400 pieces of art installed as part of this promotion. The “Art Wave” exhibit celebrates children’s creative expression through art and is a collaboration with participating Port Townsend businesses. The funds raised will help support diverse offerings by PT Artscape including the Teaching Artists Programs at Salish Coast Elementary, Blue Heron School, and Port Townsend High School, and professional development for teaching artists and classroom teachers. PT Artscape also supports Centrum’s Tales, Texts and Theater Program for the sixth grade, as well as special projects and materials. Once again, PT Artscape Donation Jars will be in select stores; all proceeds from the jars will go directly to art education programs in the Port Townsend School District. –Thank you!
See Art Wave at the following locations:
- 1851, 840 Water St.
- Alchemy Bistro & Wine Bar, 842 Washington St.
- Aldrich’s Market, 940 Lawrence St.
- City of Port Townsend, 250 Madison St.
- Clothes Horse, 910 Water St.
- Coldwell Banker Best Homes, 234 Taylor St.
- Conservatory Coastal Home, 639 Water St.
- Earthenworks Gallery, 702 Water St.
- Elevated Ice Cream Co. & Candy Shop, 627 Water St.
- Frameworks Northwest, 211 Taylor St. – B5
- Gallery 9, 1012 Water St.
- Howell’s Sandwich Co., 929 Water St.
- Jefferson Museum of Art & History, 540 Water St.
- Lehani’s Eat Local Café, 221 Taylor St.
- Lively Olive Tasting Bar, 929 Water St.
- Mad Hatter & Company, 926 Water St. – A
- Maestrale, 821 Water St.
- Northwind Arts Center, 701 Water St.
- Olympic Art & Office, 220 Taylor St.
- Pane d’Amore, 617 Tyler St.
- Phoenix Rising, 696 Water St.
- Pippa’s Real Tea, 636 Water St.
- Port Townsend Athletic Club, 229 Monroe St.
- Post Office, 1322 Washington St.
- Potpourri Northwest Interiors, 1004 Lawrence St.
- Prima Materia, 1003 Water St.
- PT Shirt Co., 940 Water St.
- Salon Deluca, 1024 Lawrence St.
- Seams To Last, 940 Water St.
- Shirvan Rug Gallery, 913 Water St.
- Silverwater Café, 237 Taylor St.
- StudioSTL, 1044 Lawrence St.
- Summer House Design, 917 Water St.
- The Printery, 631 Tyler St.
- The Spice & Tea Exchange, 929 Water St.
- The Wandering Wardrobe, 936 Washington St.
- Up, 1042 Lawrence St.
- Wandering Angus: Celtic Traders, 914 Water St.
- Whistle Stop Toys, 1005 Water St.
- Wooden Boat Chandlery, 431 Water St.
- Writers Workshoppe & Imprint Books, 820 Water St.
PT Artscape is in its 21st year of providing visual and dramatic arts in the Port Townsend Public Schools, grades K-12. Consortium programs integrate the arts into the regular classrooms, help teachers enhance their curriculum through the arts, expand student access to and experience with the arts, and provide instruction and mentoring to artists who wish to teach their art. Over the years, program offerings have evolved with the changing and increasing interest and engagement of teachers. The Port Townsend School District is the lead agency for the Consortium activities which are funded through a grant from the Washington State Arts Commission
TAP INTO YOUR CREATIVITY AT THE PT ARTSCAPE PAINT N’ SIP FUNDRAISER MAY 23!
Join us Thursday, May 23 from 5-7 pm at PT Artscape Paint N’ Sip to benefit Arts in the Port Townsend Public Schools. Adults (21+) are invited to tap into their creativity at this fundraising event. The class will be led by award-winning equine artist, Michele Soderstrom. Michele is an art teacher at Port Townsend High School. She is also a production potter and instructor at Laughingnome Pottery. Learn more about Michele at horsepainterblog.wordpress.com.
Proceeds will help support PT Artscape’s offerings including the Teaching Artists Programs at Salish Coast Elementary, Blue Heron, and Port Townsend High School, and professional development for teaching artists and classroom teachers. PT Artscape also supports Centrum’s Tales, Texts and Theater Program for the sixth grade, as well as special projects and materials. PT Artscape is under the umbrella of the Port Townsend Main Street Program, a 501c3 nonprofit.
The fee is $50 and includes all materials and light refreshments. This Paint N’ Sip will be held at 823 Washington Street. Space is limited.
Special Thanks to: